Containers are really the homes of your plants, whether they are flowering houseplants or outdoor plants. Flowerpots contribute to the appearance of your plant. Could your plant use some more colour? We have a wonderful range of containers and flower pots ready at our garden centre. Pick a container in a brilliant blue or dazzling pink shade. Do you want all the attention to go to your flowering plant instead of the container? Choose a flowerpot in a neutral tone, like white or beige. Find your favourite containers in our garden centre in Poynings!
Find the containers that are best for your plants
Containers come in a huge range of styles and materials. Here are our types of containers you can choose from. Choose a container that fits your plant best.
- Flowerpots: these containers are suited for both indoor and outdoor plants. Of course, there are lots of different flowerpots to choose from. In our garden centre, you will find pots in lots of different materials, from ceramic to terracotta and from stainless steel to stone;
- Hanging baskets: these baskets can brighten up any room or garden. Fill your hanging containers with brilliant scarlet pelargoniums or tumbling tomatoes or chillies. If you hang your basket outdoors, make sure your plants get enough water. Hanging plants often need more water than other plants because they are subject to drying winds;
- Troughs: these large containers are perfect for growing vegetables on the patio. Place troughs against a wall to grow climbing beans. Or divide a grow space as small as 1x1m into squares for planting a surprisingly wide variety of fruits and vegs.
How to choose the right flowerpot for your plant
Do you want to buy many plants, but don't you have enough flowerpots to house them? How do you know what pot suits your plant best? Rushfields Plant Centre knows everything about containers, flower pots, materials and size. Don't hesitate to ask our staff members for advice.
- First of all, make sure you choose a pot of the right size. When a pot is too small, the soil will dry out very quickly, making it almost impossible to water it frequently enough. When a pot is too large, the plant tends to tip over, and the soil dries slowly, resulting in root rot. Instead, you want to buy a flowerpot that fits your plant perfectly.
- Secondly, decide which material you want. Terracotta does not only have a beautiful earthly colour but is also able to remove excesses of water, preventing root-rot from developing. Plastic containers are relatively cheap and lightweight. Moreover, they have the same ability as terracotta to retain moisture. Concrete pots are heavy, making them an excellent choice during windy and rainy seasons.
Do you need more advice on choosing containers or flowerpots? Visit our garden centre and ask one of our employees!
Buy containers at Rushfields Plant Centre in Sussex
Our plant centre is stocked with the most beautiful containers for indoors and outdoors. Find yourself the prettiest small flowerpots for your cacti collection. Choose a stunning hanging basket to house your summer-blooming petunias. For larger troughs, visit our garden centre in Poynings, Sussex. We store a large range of small, big, tall, short, indoor and outdoor flower pots and containers. Plan your route to our garden centre on our contact page. We look forward to showing you our fantastic assortment. Do you have any questions? Please call us on 01273 857 445 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.