Try our Artisan Bread and treat yourself with the lovely taste The aroma of freshly baked bread drifts through Rushfields Farm Shop every morning with our daily delivery from local suppliers. Everything in the range is made the traditional way, including crusty sourdoughs, rye bread, tin and seeded loaves and more. Come in early and buy while the loaves are still toasty warm!
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NORMAL BREAD AND ARTISAN BREAD
So what exactly is Artisan bread? It is all about the maker of the bread. An Artisan baker closely follows the process of turning the dough from a substance of flour, water, salt and yeast into a lovely baked bread. To be able to do this, the baker has to know everything about the chemical reactions between the different ingredients, the importance of mixing, fermenting and shaping and the science behind it all. In contrast to ‘normal’ bread, artisan bread does not need chemicals to taste great. The different techniques included in the baking process generate flavour profiles ranging from light and tender taste to a strong and rustic taste.
A GUIDE TO ARTISAN BREAD: FROM CIABATTA TO SOURDOUGH
Because of the many types of Artisan bread on the market, it can be hard to tell them all apart. That is why here is a quick guide to some of the most frequently eaten pieces of bread:
- Baguette: these long, thin loaves of bread consist of flour, yeast, salt and water. The use of steam during the baking process helps to create a light loaf with a glazed surface;
- Ciabatta: an Italian flatbread that is characterized by its floury crust and airy consistency. The white bread often has a lot of holes in it, making it even more airy and delicious;
- Sourdough: the making of this bread does not require any yeast. It has a remarkable, sour taste, due to the lactobacilli present in the dough. These bacteria produce lactic acid, making the bread taste tangy;
- Rye bread: a bread that is very high in fibre. It is made out of flour from rye grain, giving the bread its light or dark brown colour, depending on the rye used. Rye bread has a very distinctive and strong taste;
- Bâtard: bread in the shape of a log. It gets cut diagonally and is baked in the same manner as the baguette, using also the same ingredients.
BUY YOUR BREAD FRESH AND WARM
Our artisan bakers would love to welcome you in their shop. Stick to your favourites or discover new types of bread. Come and visit our Farm Shop to find out what your local bakery has to offer!
Buy Artisan bread in Poynings
To supply yourself with lovely, fresh-baked Artisan bread, come to the Farm Shop of Rushfields in Poynings. Our suppliers bring freshly baked loaves of bread to our Farm Shop every morning. Come in early to smell the fresh scent of fresh bread. Choose from our many rustic loaves of bread, and combine them some delicatessen from our Deli shop. Also, we offer freshly-sliced meat from the Butchery. Put together a charcuterie and invite friends to come over and enjoy good food. You find our bakery section in the Farm Shop of Rushfields Plant Centre in Poynings. Do you have any questions? Please contact us.