Happy Christmas to all our customers! It's a wonderful time to celebrate all that's good about gardening, so just for fun here's a Christmas challenge to try while you're recovering from all that turkey.Your mission is simple: think of as many plants as you can with a Christmassy theme in the name. Here are a few to start you off:
Christmas Plants Challenge!
- Christmas cactus: reliable and undemanding houseplant with a profusion of lipstick-pink or red flowers
- Camellia japonica 'Christmas Beauty': clear red, semi-double flowers just in time for Christmas
- Hemerocallis 'Santa's Little Helper': gorgeous dark red daylily with a green throat
- Christmas rose: this hellebore is aptly named: its clear white nodding flowers arrive earliest of all
- Christmas box: an unassuming evergreen shrub which fills the garden with sweet perfume in winter
- Purple Sprouting Broccoli 'Rudolph': super-early spring broccoli with a mouthwatering flavour: grow from seed in spring
- Lavandula stoechas subsp. stoechas f. leucantha 'Snowman': the name may be a mouthful but this is one of the best white lavenders
- Fig 'Brown Turkey': enjoy luscious ripe figs from your very own tree!
Look out for all the above and more at our garden centre. Have a fantastic Christmas and may all your carrots grow straight in 2017!